Sunday, September 26, 2010

To answer your question:

Yes i did go to the hospital. But not how you think.

Last year, on  Christmas Eve to be exact, I was taken to the hospital by my father. Three days prior, I was sleeping over at C's house and woke up at like 3am and couldn't breathe.

My chest hurt so badly that I struggled to breathe and if I tried to eat anything, it would hurt so badly that I would cry.

First I went to the emergency room because I thought that I was like, dying, or something. I spent the next two days there. Then I went home. On christmas Eve, my father took me back to the hospital saying that they "needed to run one or two more tests."

um ya that was a lie. They thought i was bulimic.

You know what he said to me? He looked at me in the eyes and said, "Elle, you just wanted to lose weight. And this was a quick, easy way to do it. You don't have any psychological problems, so don't make this into something that it's not."

*cough* asshole *cough*

Now the funniest, most IRONIC part of this whole situation- I wasn't bulimic. I think that at that point, I'd tried throwing up maybe...once? and didn't like it. I was anorexic. I just tried SO hard to make it look like I was eating all the time that I think I  overdid it.

Their arguement was "you eat all the time, you don't go to the gym, and you're losing lots of weight. Therefore you are bulimic.'

However I was eating almost nothing. I really miss those days. When me and Ana were close buddies.

Anyways, they wouldn't give it up. They said I was bulimic and that was that. I denied it, but I left out the part about the anorexia. They did more random stuff at the hospital with needles and fluid and weighing and shit like that. Then I left, and nobody ever told me what all of those things meant. I didn't ask, because I didn't really want to know.

They sent me to a therapist and watched my every move. They told me that if i didn't "cut it out" then they'd send me away to some live-in place. (don't you just love their loving approach?)

So I tried to 'cut it out'...at least for a while. And then BAM i was back into it. But Ana take two wasn't as natural as the first time around. I was always trying to fast instead of just doing it. And that's what lead me to bulimia.

and now here I am.

Note: I have only talked with my mother (parents are divorced) so when I go to my father's next week, we could be enduring hell. It is unknown.

And now to answer your other question: No, telling J would not be a good idea. He wouldn't understand I don't think. I just like him around. He makes me feel safe.

Sucking Life Update:

I have been eating all the time, and its sucked balls. This evening in particular was a little two much for me. After dinner I sat on the couch, sooo uncomfortable. I tried soooo hard not to. But I needed it. I needed to feel empty again and to feel the release. So I purged.  Which is a highly dangerous senario at this point, but I was desperate. I am also confident that they didn't hear anything. It. felt.AMAZING.

So.....ya. That's where I stand right now. I'm just trying to get through the days at this point. And I'm going to the gym. a lot.

Love

Elle

1 comment:

  1. hello my pretty little ray of sunshine,

    i am sorry that 1) they were so harsh with you in the hospital - esp. what your dad said. 2) ana days are hard to find again.

    I think it really does work like a friendship, and then we screw up, and she gets offended and cannot trust us with her power anymore. we have to win it back.

    it is funny isnt it, becuase those days i didnt try to fast either, i didnt have plans as such, the only plan was get out of everything i can. now i am ravenous with the idea of eating, and then i fast, which leads to a binge.

    but hopefully we can both ween our way back into her trust.

    thanks for sharing this elle xxx

    ReplyDelete