Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Passing thoughts

A rush of emotion envelops my mind in a flaring moment of passion- tensions high- like a sandstorm sweeping the planes. But after such a storm, the desert is left baron, empty. In these moments I have to thoughts, vision blurred, body present while soul has left, searching. I suppose it is a result of this neural vacancy that all physical feelings seem more intense. The pendant on my necklace which I seem to perpetually cling to, is my only focus- the noise of it dragging along the silver chain is all I hear. On one side, smooth and slick, my finger slides. I flip it over, and the jewels press their geometries into my skin. I think to myself, perhaps I am connected to this body after all.
and music.
The soft noises, sweet like the zephyr wind, replace the humming silence in your mind. Suddenly a voice in your head whispers to you its secrets and truths and, soon, you begin to believe that those are your secrets and truths, too. Maybe, you think, there is someone out there who knows you- someone who can remind you of who you are or was. But until then, I will fill my head with their voices so that I, chained to the earth by gravity, can at least dream of the ethereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment